Texas Rangers Heritage Center
roots of the Texas Rangers Heritage
Center go back to 1936 when, during the Texas Centennial, the Memorial
Hall opened adjacent to the Witte Museum in San Antonio, which honored the
Pioneers, Old Trail Drivers and Texas Rangers, with the Former Texas Rangers
Association (FTRA) overseeing the Rangers exhibit.
1973 the FTRA moved the Texas Rangers portion of the exhibit to a new location
within Memorial Hall, with an increased number of artifacts being displayed.
1999 the FTRA began plans to move their museum to a new and larger facility,
which would be named the Texas Rangers History and Education Center.
2006, FTRA moved the Texas Ranger Museum to the Buckhorn Museum on E. Houston
St. in San Antonio. With over 8,000 sq. ft. of showroom space, this move from
Memorial Hall allowed for expansion and greater visibility of the numerous
In 2011 the FTRA leased property from the City of Fredericksburg on which to construct the now named Texas Rangers Heritage Center complex.